Carrabassett Valley TrailFest 2017!
Time is growing near for CR NEMBA’s Fourth Annual NEMBA TrailFest. We will be teaming up with Maine Huts and Trails (MH&T) to bring an outstanding work, ride, eat and stay experience to our friends from all over New England again this year. The dates are August 18th, 19th and 20th. Please RSVP by August 7th.
The Digs and Grub
Volunteers are the guests of Maine Huts & Trails who will be providing the food and their fully staffed Stratton Brook “Hut” at no cost. This “Hut” is a million dollar, self-sufficient facility in the wilderness with sweeping views and includes, bunk houses, composting toilets, showers and a full service commercial kitchen. Participants will have free lodging on Friday and Saturday nights August 18 & 19. MH&T will be providing dinner on Friday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. On Saturday night we will enjoy the music by Jordan Kaulback. See below for Bonus extended stay discount pricing option!
If you are not familiar with Maine Huts & Trails visit their website http://www.mainehuts.org/our-huts/stratton-brook while there, and check out the Stratton Brook Hut.
There are several projects we are looking at for this year’s event. The specific project has not yet been determined but be not afraid, there is a lot going on in Carrabassett Valley and we will have something rewarding for everyone to do. We will be updating participants as this portion of the event further develops.
- Friday, August 18th – Arrive in Carrabassett Valley and ride your bike to Stratton Brook Hut for dinner at 7:00 pm and camp fire fun. If you would like a gear shuttle, your bag must be at the Outdoor Center by 6:00PM. Please note, if you are bringing tools please plan to have them dropped of no later than 4:00PM.
- Saturday, August 19th – breakfast at 7:30AM at Stratton Brook Hut;
trail work 8:30AM – 2:30PM (bag lunch on the trail), back to the hut for a ride at 3:30PM; dinner at 7:00PM followed by Live Music. Beer and wine will be available for sale through MH&T
- Sunday, August 20st – breakfast 7:30AM; trail work 8:30AM – 1:00PM (bag lunch on the trail), back to the hut for a ride.
The Call to Action
Please RSVP no later than August 7th! When you RSVP, please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
RSVP NEMBA TrailFest required. Please contact David at dhughes@carrabassett.NEMBA.org to RSVP or with any questions.
- If you are planning to attend but not staying overnight at the hut, please bring a lunch with you. If you plan to join us for dinner on Saturday night, please let us know when you RSVP. If you are staying at the hut we will assume you are joining us for all the meals unless you tell us differently.
- Beer and wine will be available for purchase at the hut. CR NEMBA has purchased a keg through MH&T for event participants on Saturday night. If you BYOB, MH&T asks that you consume in your bunkroom.
Maine Huts & Trails is offering a special rate to stay for one night (Sunday @ 25% discount) or two nights (Sun and Monday @ 50% discount) to NEMBA TrailFest participants who worked the Saturday and Sunday of the event. You must reserve your extended stay by August 7th.
RSVP Extended stay required. Please call MH&T reservations team at 207-265-2400 and tell them you are part of the event.